The UK Treasury has launched a new campaign to support businesses as they prepare for the new £1 coin and has issued the following advice.
“All cash handling businesses should take the following steps before March 2017:
• check whether they operate equipment that handles the £1 coin
• contact their equipment supplier to find out if they need to make adaptations or upgrades
• make the necessary changes to their coin handling equipment
• train their staff on the features of the new £1 coin
• make arrangements with their bank or cash in transit provider to return the current £1 coin and new £1 coin in separate packaging.”
– UK Treasury.