Glenapp Castle’s phone ‘ringing off the hook’ since TV broadcast

AYRSHIRE’S Glenapp Castle hotel has reported a ‘fairytale’ week of bookings following the venue’s appearance on the BBC’s ‘Amazing Hotels: Life Beyond the Lobby’ series.

Sprinkling the pixie dust of TV fame, celebrity presenters Monica Galetti and Rob Rinder visited the venue to highlight the behind-the-scenes hard work behind the premium experience it offers to visitors.

Glenapp Castle has since reported its biggest sales week ever, with six times more than the same week last year, as travellers flocked to book a room at the 21-bedroom Relais & Chateaux Hotel.

Set on Ayrshire’s coastline, Scotland, Glenapp was chosen as the only UK hotel to appear in the series. Viewers were treated to an extensive tour of its historic interiors, including its Endeavour Penthouse apartment, then out to its manicured lawns, local woodlands and surrounding private estate.

The programme also showcased the Castle’s outdoor activities, including its Hebridean Sea Safari experience, where guests set off on the hotel’s very own RIB boat to see local wildlife and then spend a night on the isle of Jura.

On arrival there, the BBC duo were greeted by the fires of the hotel’s glamping site and a meal prepared by the hotel’s chef and concierge team, before retiring to their African inspired tents.

Managing director, Jill Chalmers, commented: “We are thrilled with the success of BBC Amazing Hotels: Life Behind the Lobby. It has been a goal for me since joining the Castle in 2017 and it is fantastic to see our hard work behind the scenes come to life with such an authentic episode.

“Our phones have been ringing off the hook since the episode aired and compared to the same week last year, our website has coped with 12 times more visitors as a direct result of the programme.

“Bookings have also gone through the roof – we have taken six times more bookings than the same week last year, with 60% of these bookings for the remainder of this year, and an exciting 40% for 2024 and beyond,” she added.

“The interest in our magnificent Endeavour Penthouse Castle Apartment and our Hebridean Sea Safari has been phenomenal – anyone thinking about staying with us needs to book quickly!”