“The concept behind KoolBa has always been to serve authentic Indian dishes using the freshest, best-quality Scottish produce. The fish in this curry comes from the Shetland Isles and we blend it with Indian spices to produce a mouth-watering dish that’s full of flavour.”
– Shabu Natarajan, Head chef, KoolBa, Glasgow
300g tandoori-cooked monkfish tail fillets
1 medium red onion
1 inch ginger
1 chopped tomato
A few fresh curry leaves
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon green chilli
1 tablespoon tamarind juice
100ml coconut milk
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil and add mustard seeds. When it starts to crackle add curry leaves, onion, ginger and green chilli. Sauté well.
2. Add turmeric powder, coriander power, red chilli powder and tomato and mix for a few minutes.
3. Add coconut milk, tamarind juice and salt.
4. When it starts boiling add the tandoori-cooked monkfish tail fillets.
5. Cook slowly for two to three minutes and correct the seasoning.
6. Serve with Black Jeera basmati rice.