- 2 cooking chorizo (we use Brindisa)
- 150g 1cm cubed sweet potato
- 60g tinned chickpeas
- 1/4 yellow pepper sliced
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of toast or crusty bread
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Place the sweet potato on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast in the oven turning occasionally until soft but still a little firm (20 minutes approx.).
- Put a large frying pan on the hob on a medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add the chorizo and cook lightly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes reducing the sauce.
- Meanwhile fry the eggs in another pan.
- Serve in a bowl topped with an egg and the bread… enjoy!
“This chorizo hash is delicious, spicy and hearty; it’s the perfect dish to start any day. Using a good quality chorizo is the key to making it taste amazing.”
– Grant Avery, Avery & Co, Dundee